I have a little group of quilty friends that I retreat with at least twice a year. We all make quilts for Ronald McDonald House of Cincinnati. This last time, just 3 of us finished a total of 10 quilts! Here are some of them.
R McD House of Cincinnati wants all quilts 40″ x 40″ so, as I’ve mentioned before, these are a good opportunity for a lot of experimentation:
- Try new designs to see if you like them
- Make orphan blocks into quilts
- Try new color schemes
- Use up fabric left from other projects
- Use your scraps to make an improvised quilt top
- Use up charm packs (yes, we’ve all bought a few extra!)
- Make a simple quilt as a rest from challenging projects
- Quilt the tops yourself for practice
- Try out binding entirely by machine–makes the quilt more durable
- Anyway, enjoy this little quilt show! And check with your local Ronald McDonald House if you’re interested in donating quilts to them.