This is a quilt I made a few years ago to practice cutting curves freehand. It never looked as good as I thought it should, for various reasons.
I loved the quilted leaves, but I thought the golds should have been more similar in value; the light ones stood out too much. It always bothered by husband that the curves didn’t line up from block to block. Anyway, it never got much use.
Then it was time to search for binding. Of course, I had no more of the fabrics that are in the quilt, since it was made several years ago. Eventually, I decided on the second combination:
Here are a couple of the finished placemats:
So, if you have a quilt that didn’t quit work out, maybe it would make good placemats!